The easiest way to print your shipping labels from Fedex is to use a commercial platform, such as XPSShip (free) or ShipStation (paid but great). They are approved Fedex partners and use your negotiated rates to provide you with a 4 x 6 shipping label which you can then easily print to Rollo. You will also be able to compare rates from other carriers and pick the best option.
We recommend this because Fedex Ship Manager is a bit cumbersome to set up. If you contact Fedex for support, they may inform you that they only provide support for printers that are supplied directly by them.
If you would like to use Fedex Ship Manager, please download and install the latest version from the Fedex Website.
During installation, you will be prompted to call Fedex to obtain your activation code. After verifying your account information, your activation code will be emailed to you.
Fedex Ship Manager software requires a few more steps than other platforms to work. Essentially, we will install Rollo as a ZPL printer.
1. Please download the Zebra Printer Driver
2. After opening the downloaded file, please click on the "Install Zebra Printer"
3. Select Zebra 2844 and click "Next"
4. Before we can continue installation, we need to find out which USB port Rollo is connected to. Go to your Control Panel -> Printers and Devices -> Right click on Rollo > Printer Properties
5. Click on the "Ports" tab and notice which USB Port is checked.
6. We will now go back to the installation window and pick the same port and click "Finish"
7. Please now go to Fedex Ship Manager, click on the Utilities Menu > Printer Setup
8. Select Zebra 2844 under the "Label Printer" and click OK.
9. We now need to change the default label size to 4 x 6. Click on Customize > Shipping Profiles. The View Shipping Profiles screen displays.
10. Select the appropriate domestic or international shipping profile and click View/Edit. You may want to update all of them to the correct size.
11. If you are using Fedex Provided Labels, their sizes and part numbers are as follows.
- 153078-077 - Indicates a Format 77 label. (4" x 5" Thermal Label with FedEx Logo)
- 154254-354 - Indicates a Format 354 label. (4" x 6 3/4" Thermal Label with Doc Tab)
- 156295-434 - Indicates a Format 354 label. (4" x 6" Thermal Label without Doc Tab)
- 156297-435 - Indicates a Format 435 label. (4" x 6 " Thermal Label without Doc Tab)
a. To change the label format for FedEx Express domestic shipments, click the 2 - FedEx Express Prefs tab. In the Label Format section, select the appropriate label format for the label part number and click OK.
b. To change the label format for FedEx Express international shipments, click the 2 - FedEx Express Prefs tab. In the Label Format section, select the appropriate label format for the label part number and click OK.
c. To change the label format for FedEx Ground domestic shipments, click the 5 - FedEx Ground Prefs tab. In the Label Format section, select the appropriate label format for the label part number and click OK.
d. To change the label format for FedEx Ground international shipments, click the 4 - FedEx Ground Prefs tab. In the Label Format section, select the appropriate label format for the label part number and click OK.
12. After making your changes, click OK on the View Shipping Profiles screen.
13. Reboot (exit and relaunch) the software and attempt to ship a package.
Source for Steps 6-15 is: http://www.fedex.com/us/software/printerfaqs1.html
Note: After following this guide, if you receive a partial label print from Ship Manager, please contact Rollo Support and we will upgrade your printer firmware to the latest version.