Some shipping platforms only provide you with a full page (8.5" x 11") document.
Frequently, they use half of the page for the shipping label and the other half for receipt or packing slip.
While there are many ways to split this page into a 4" x 6" label size, here is our favorite method:
Using Adobe "Take a Snapshot"
- Download Adobe Reader if you do not have it already from Adobe website.
- Save your label as a PDF file.
- Open the file in Adobe Reader
- Rotate the label if needed by going to View -> Rotate View
- Go to Edit -> Take a Snapshot
- Click and drag the box over your label
- Go to File -> Print
- If preview looks good, click "Print"
Note: If you are shipping more than a few labels, you would benefit from using a commercial solution that create 4 x 6 labels in one-click. See this article: How do I generate labels?
Official guide from Adobe: Print portion of a PDF page using Acrobat or Reader